Thursday, January 13, 2011

Recipe: Spicy Honey Stir-fry



So I've decided to take today to post another recipe... and what makes it even better is that this one is actually meant to be edible (as opposed to the potentially edible--but not sure I'd try it sugar scrub recipe I posted last week.)

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures when I made this the other night, but it got the wide-eyed thumbs-up from my husband between mouthfuls... so I figured I'd share it anyways. (I'll try to remember to take pictures from now on so you can see the process and finished product!)

Spicy Honey Stir-fry with Chicken and Brown Rice

a bit of olive oil
4-5 raw chicken breasts, cubed
1-2 bags frozen stir-fry vegetables (I chose a bag with broccoli, carrots, bell pepper, and water chesnuts)
1 bag brown ready-rice
2 Tbs Thai peanut sauce
1 Tbs general tzo Sauce
2 Tbs sriracha sauce
1 Tbs ground ginger
juice of 1/2 a lime
4 Tbs Honey
salt & pepper to taste

(I purchased most of sauces either at the local Asian market or Target)

*Drizzle a little bit of olive oil in the bottom of a stirfry pan and add chicken. Cook about halfway to 3/4 then add bag of stir-fry vegetables.
*Use tongs to stir and toss regularly until chicken is cooked through and veggies have softened.
*Drain excess fat/liquids from stir-fry.
*Cook rice as per bags instructions, then add into pan with chicken & veggies.
*Right before serving, add remaining ingredients & toss well.
*Serve piping hot,  & garnish with a lime wedge or two. (add chopsticks to your table if you have 'em!)

Bon Appetit!


1 comment:

  1. Brittany, your blog is so much fun! This recipe looks awesome. Hope you're doing great!! Blessings! Caroline

    ReplyDelete